Okay,are you reading this because you are hung up on your old beau?You know what? You need to forget him. He is part of your past now and he is gone. You need to get on with your life.
1. GET RID OF ALL of his belongings.(Ex, football sweaters, presents, CDs, pictures) anything that reminds you of him. Take all of them and throw it away or give them back to him. This may hurt knowing that those were the only things you had left of him. That is why you need to get rid of them though. You will feel a sense of accomplishment after you do this and it will be you first step towards healing.
2. Think about all of the good qualities that you have. Make a list of what you love about yourself. When you are done with that list, make another one about all the bad qualities of your ex. Look at both of them and see that he doesn't deserve you, and that your separation was necessary. You will have more self-confidence knowing that your ex is really a jerk or a pig. You will be thankful that you broke up with someone that has the qualities that make him an unfit boyfriend.
3. You must be thinking about all of the good times that you had with him. But you must have some bad times also. Think back to all of the fights and all the times you have wanted to break-up with him. Remember that no one has the right to take over your life. He broke up with you, so he couldn’t see all of the amazing unique traits that you have. He was obviously blind to every single one ofthem.
4. Find support from your friends and family. This will allow you to feel better and quicken the healing process.
5. By this step your confidence should have increased by a whole lot. But if you still don't feel content with everything, confront him.Ask him if you can maintain a friendship, if you are strong enough to stop having romantic feelings for him. If you don't feel like being friends, you can just tell him how you feel and he can either apologize, or just stay quiet and give you yet another reason on why he's a dimwit.