Theres a saying that goes like this, “Someone elses trash is somebody elses treasure”, and while that adage holds true with selling your laptops components, you can also get some spare change from the transaction. And really, who wouldnt want to acquire some cash while being able to get rid of unwanted objects that would only cause clutter inside your house?
And selling your computer can also make the world a better place. In a generation where climate change is a trending topic, it would be best if you help out by selling your unwanted junk rather than throwing them away. The E-waste issue is a serious matter that should be dealt with in any form possible.
If you are ready to sell your laptop, here are the tips that you should best keep in mind:
1. Decide first if you are going to sell the separate components of your laptop or sell it as a whole unit. One thing to consider is that selling the individual parts will make more money, so you might as well take advantage if you have adequate technical knowledge of the components functions and have ample familiarity of the costs in the market. If you dont worry much about the additional cash youll earn and just want to sell the laptop as a whole unit, you can do that too.
2. Even if youre familiar with the standard costs of a laptops components, checking the pricing trend is still very much important. You can search the products and their pricing lists through online auctions like eBay and Best Buy. Check multiple items to have a solid standard of comparison. Once you do this, you are ensuring that you are not getting the short end of the stick once youve set a price to each of the items youre going to sell.
3. Post the items youre going to sell on auction sites. List the product type, brand name, model, price, and other information that will provide all the necessary information potential buyers need to know. Taking a nice photo of the merchandise and posting it is also very important for visual presentation.
4. If your local newspaper has a wide reach in your community, you can consider posting an advertisement about what youre selling. Dont give it the time of day if the publication doesnt have a wide audience. Remember, you also have to pay for the advertisement so it might not be worth it.
5. If you dont really want to go through the hassle of looking for the best buyer, its probably best if you look for friends and relatives that might want the specific parts that you have in possession. This process is much easier. After all, what are friends for?
So consider all the points mentioned above before making decision on how you want to go about selling your laptop components. If you do this, you are not only helping people and the environment, you are also helping yourself.